Saturday, February 15, 2014

Robot Motherboard Meets Servos.

Some servo motors I ordered from HobbyKing finally arrived in the mail. I'll be using these, along with the robot motherboard I designed, for an upcoming robotics / kinetic sculpture project.


I also ordered a batter and charger, in case I want to go mobile with my robot.


The motors I'm trying out are Turnigy TGY-50090M Metal Gear servos, which are relatively robust and about the size of a quarter.

Servos attached to my robot motherboard.


A video demo of a test-run of the initial system.  Here I am trying to create power-management code that disables any motor that's not being used - to conserve power as I might be running this guy off a battery.

More on this project to come in future posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment